Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Finishing a New Project.....On Time

So I saw a link for the Battlecreek Boutique on Facebook and thought I would check it out. Jordan wanted to get something homemade for the twins she will be nannying and I keep looking around at the car seat tents, but I just couldn't pay $45 each that they were going for at the Quilted Bear. They had a cute one at this boutique and I thought I can make a 2nd one. Jordan wasn't very confident in my abilities to get right on this project because there is a due date (I still had 5 weeks), but she knows how distracted I get with so many other things going on in the house. I went to JoAnn's the next day and picked out material for not 1, but 2. I am trying to think ahead, that if they turn out o.k. I could make more later, but I would need to keep the original as a pattern. I'm pretty sure Jordan will be impressed, actually I kinda impressed myself!!!! This is how they turned out:



P.S. I think I like the Holy Cow a little better, but they had some cute jewelry booths.

4 comments:

  1. Lissie, I had no idea you were a seamstress!!! I guess you have too many other things to keep you busy and you've just kept it a secret!!! :) Wow, you should start a business! I LOVE them! They are darling! If Halle wasn't growing out of her car seat I would have you make me one! I've never had one with any of my kids! I am WAY impressed, turned out way cute! Jordan will be proud!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute Lissi, i love them. You did great!!! If i was going to have another baby i'd buy one from you. Hope you have a great bday today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a great job! Is there anything you can't do?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lissie- Great job! That is really cute! I wish I knew how to do stuff like that.

    ReplyDelete