Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter


















What a nice day. Well, we didn't think the Easter Bunny would bring this much snow, but pretty to look at anyway. And it did melt off by the afternoon. Easter and General Conference and a nice dinner and some peace and quiet all in the same day. The kids didn't get us up until 9. Sleeping in is always a great way to start a Sunday. Then of course hunting for eggs. Ours are always the plastic filled ones and Kodee found out quickly that there was candy inside. We always have cinnamon rolls on Conference Sundays, but I made a breakfast casserole also. So I put it in the oven and Trevor says he'll just have a hard boiled egg while he is waiting. Well, I boiled them the night before and I thought I saw one starting to crack anyway they weren't completely hard!!!! But I found out that you can reboil them and they are fine. We never got around to dying them. One of my least favorite thing to do for Easter. Conference was exactly what I needed. Inspiration and guidance just for me. A reminder of what the true meaning of Easter is and being able to listen to Pres. Monson and all the testimonies of Christ.
Gary took the kids on a surprise drive to visit Grandma and Grandpa Barnes. Nice, but quick trip and I was able to get dinner and everything ready while listening to the afternoon session. Every year Conference should be on Easter Sunday or Easter should be on Conference Sunday. It was just a nice day.

No comments:

Post a Comment