Friday, February 11, 2011

Blake


It was Blake's birthday on Wed. I just can't believe that he is 10. It is amazing how quickly time flies. We call him our ADD child because most of the time he is in a world of his own. We know that it isn't true because he will entertain himself for hours in his room when he is supposed to be cleaning it. He is very silly. We have laughed for hours at some of the videos he has made of himself when no one else is around. He is also fascinated with knowing how and why things work the way they do. That also means that his mind goes crazy when he can't understand why he has a certain punishment or when things seem unfair to him. Blake loves anything electronic. Computers, Wii, cell phones, ipods, anything. He likes to hold the GPS that I got for Christmas while we are driving around in the car. He is amused by some of the oddest things, but he also recognizes some very interesting things as he is quietly observing the world around him. A couple of months ago we were driving to his soccer game up in Heber and it was only me, him, and Kodee (because no one wanted to be stuck watching her). We actually talked the whole drive, both ways. I remember that they were really interesting topics, and since Kodee was asleep, I turned the radio down and just savored the time together. Most days don't find a lot of 1 on 1 in our house, so I remind myself to enjoy these moments when they present themself. Blake is a good kid. He loves to play with friends. And he is very smart. I asked Heavenly Father that if He was ever going to send me a boy, please send me 2, so that they will have each other. I have to remind myself that Blake is living proof that our prayers are answered.

No comments:

Post a Comment